Friday, September 5, 2014

Na'palikaya

The purpose of this blog is to collect and disseminate my work in both learning and expanding the Golic Vulcan language. (And even get a little feedback!)

While the work of the Vulcan Language Institute and the Vulcan Language Dictionary are exemplary and I deeply respect the work done there, it is also clear that there are many omissions that really do need to be addressed. Unfortunately, these two primary sources have gone nearly a decade without significant revision.

So I am going to work on expanding the vocabulary into those areas that need to be addressed.

Where at all possible, I will try to grow any neologisms out of existing VLD canon. When not possible, I will do my best to make new words euphonious and logical, and to make them "sound" Vulcan (e.g. by using phonemes that already exist in new ways, or basing new phonemes on prior samples).

What's more, I will try to make them sound like real language, the way an active and dynamic language is spoken and used among a population.

I do not promise that my efforts will always be perfect, but I will do my best to be faithful to what we already know and love.

So here goes...

Dif-tor heh smusma,

-- T'Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment